The Church Tower 
Tours of the tower are available most Saturdays and Bank Holidays between Easter and early October (the dates of the traditional Marlborough Mop Fairs), and are possible at other times by appointment via this website (see contact page) 
 
Tours are conducted by Trust volunteers for which a small fee is charged to go towards maintenance costs - these tours regularly raise over £2000 a year, a considerable contribution in the overall running of the Trust. 

Clock chamber - clock mechanisms 

Clock chamber - clock mechanisms 

The Sanctus Bell 

The 8 bells after removal from the tower in the 1960s - they were recast two of which (known as Peter and Paul) were added to the peal in St Mary's 

Tours (139 steps to the top) give access to the following: - 
The Priest's Room, where many a rector may have penned his sermons 
The ringing chamber, still with some of the old bell ropes, and now housing a small museum featuring the history of the church 
The clock room, housing the early 20th-century beautifully engineered mechanism still operating and keeping perfect time today 
The belfry, which originally housed the eight bells, and now houses the old Sanctus Bell dated 1741 which provides the chimes for the church clock 
The tower roof which offers magnificent views of Marlborough and the surrounding countryside 
 
 
Did You Know? 
In 1635 Roger Davis was paid £4-5s for making a new clock. 

Our indefatigable Tower Constable, Jeremy York 

Tower Staircase 

View from the top